The ZIP Economizer has been developed to allow for easy user interaction when setting up or troubleshooting Economizer systems and RTUs. The ZIP Economizer is the most technologically advanced Airside Economizer solution in the market. The ZIP Economizer is designed to provide the most energy savings through advanced economizer logic strategies. The ZIP Economizer is compliant with the most recent energy codes and standards (ASHRAE 90.1-2010, IECC-2012, California Title 24-2013, AHSRAE 189.1-2011). The ZIP Economizer reliability and feature mean economizer no longer have to be jumpered out or fixed closed and results in getting building energy efficiency back on track.
The Fastest Route to Energy Efficiency
The features and benefits of economizers:
- Easy-to-read automotive quality LCD display with simple navigatation
- ZIP code configuration; entering the ZIP code automatically sets the energy code high limit change over temperature allowing for automatic compliance
- Plug and play, if it’s not plugged into the economizer, you won’t have to worry about setting it up, due to the economizer self-configuration
- Integrated onboard test sequence that ensures effortless compliance with California Title 24, and verification of proper operation
- Fault Detection and Diagnostics (FDD) troubleshoots faults, initiates alarms, and reconfigures for best operation
- Onboard Information, the first and only economizer control that integrates onboard help for setup or troubleshooting
- Modular design capable of adding remote communication and additional energy savings strategies on the same footprint
- Product Range
- Additional Links
The ZIP Economizer
The ZIP Economizer™ (ECON-ZIP-BASE) is a modular designed, plug and play economizer control solution. The ZIP offers an extended temperature transflective LCD with onboard help providing information every step of the way.
ZIP Packs - Quick and Easy Drop-in Replacement Solution
ZIP Packs are a packaged solution for easy selection and simple retrofitting of non-functioning energy wasting economizers. The packs are conveniently packed in one box and are ordered with one single part number. Get your systems back on track and meet the latest energy standards and building IAQ requirements.
The ZIP Economizer Energy Module provides additional I/Os to offer higher control functionalities that will save even more energy. The Energy Module is needed for demand control ventilation, indoor fan- 2 speed control or remote diagnostic alarm notification, power exhaust fan, remote override for damper positioning, and preoccupancy purge. The auto-detection and plug and play capability offers quick set up.
The ZIP Economizer Communication Module provides remote diagnostic alarm indication with future capabilities such as data trending and building automation integration. It is required for BACnet MS/TP communication.
The ZIP Economizer Serial Port Adapter provides a convenient platform to terminate field bus communication wires to the ZIP Economizer‘s RJ45 serial port.
Product Flyers/Case Studies
The ZIP Economizer is the most technologically advanced airside economizer solution on the market. The ZIP Economizer is designed to provide the most energy savings through advanced economizer logic strategies. It is compliant with the most recent energy codes and standards (ASHRAE 90.1-2010, IECC-2012, California Title 24-2013, AHSRAE 189.1-2011).
The ZIP Economizer offers the enhanced features:
- Easy-to-read automotive quality LCD display
- ZIP code configuration
- Plug, and Play
- Acceptance tests
- Fault Detection and Diagnostics (FDD)
- Onboard information
ZIP Economizer Resource
Belimo University – Efficiency through Training
Belimo University offers comprehensive training programs that will assist you with understanding HVAC fundamentals and Belimo products; from sizing and selection to mounting and installation. Our training programs are available online or onsite.
Retrofit App – Quickly and Easily Find HVAC Replacement Solutions
The Belimo Retrofit App allows you to quickly and easily find HVAC replacement solutions for valves and actuators. Free download in both Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Store projects
- Email selections
- Access resources
SelectPro – Sizing & Selection Made Simple
SelectPro is a quick and simple tool for accurately sizing and selecting valves, actuators, and replacement solutions. The software walks you through step by step, providing the optimal product solution.
- Intuitive selection layout
- Reference documents
- Quote generator
- Media download
- Contact profiles