Pressure Independent Control Valves
Belimo pressure independent valve technology maximizes energy savings of variable flow pumping systems while addressing unique control challenges. Belimo offers a series of pressure independent control valve; from the PIQCV a super compact pressure independent valve to the Energy Valve that optimizes documents and proves water coil performance.
Compact Performance Solution
The features and benefits of pressure independent control valves:
- Compensate for pressure variations, performing a continual balancing function to maintain system performance at varying loads
- Predictable flow throughout valve travel eliminates over-pumping and provides favorable energy savings
- System controllability prevents energizing additional chillers
- Prevents energizing additional chillers by maintaining desired Delta T
- Constant flow performance significantly reduces actuator movement, providing less hunting and wear on the valve assembly
- Selected based on required flow rate and no Cv calculations are needed
- Product Range
- Additional Links
Belimo Energy Valve™ – Solving Low Delta T Leveraging IoT
The Energy Valve just became more intelligent and is now an IoT device utilizing advanced cloud-based analytics to leverage captured system data to the full potential providing savings and the most efficient operation. At the core its design, the Energy Valve is a pressure independent valve, which measures and manages coil energy by using an embedded electronic flow meter, along with supply and return water temperature sensors.
- Patented Power Control and Delta T Manager logic built-in monitor coil performance and optimize the available energy of the coil by maintaining the Delta T
- Glycol monitoring an exclusive feature ensuring glycol content meets design needs to provide optimum and safe operation
- Cloud analytics provide recommended delta T and setpoints which can be updated remotely. Accessing and analyzing data reduces field labor both time and money through better system efficiency
- Dynamic coil performance illustrates the operation of the coil in real time accurately providing transparency of power degradation and other operational issues
- Most communication platform on the market including Cloud, IP BACnet MSTP and BACnet IP, Modbus, RTU and TCP/, Belimo MP-Bus, and one analog feedback signal for valve flow, power, temperature or position providing expanded system integration and BMS control
Electronic Pressure Independent Valve (ePIV) – Compact Performance Solution
The ePIV is a 2-way electronic pressure independent flow control valve with an integrated electronic flow meter and a powerful control algorithm. The ePIV maintains flow set point regardless of differential pressure variations with its powerful algorithm that modulates the valve based on its measured True Flow.
- Continuous balancing eliminating overflow of coil reducing pumping costs
- Maintains pressure independent operation down to 1 psid
- True Flow as a feedback to BAS systems
- NPT and ANSI flanged options to meet pressure needs of the building and specifications
- ZTH US handheld tool provides fast and easy access to settings and values
6-Way ePIV – Innovation Meets Energy Efficient Design
Belimo 6-way pressure independent control valves feature heating and cooling circuits which are hydronically decoupled because of the innovative ball design. Each sequence is controlled individually by the rotary movement of the actuator. The valve is bubble-tight in the closed position preventing energy losses, improves efficiency, and helps reduce operating costs.
- One valve performs change over and modulating control for single coil 4 pipe system providing less system maintenance
- Support different flow requirements of both hot and chilled water with one valve (one valve multiple GPM’s possible)
- True close-off to isolate both heating and cooling loops providing system efficiency
- Less power consumption with using only one valve and actuator assembly
- Enhanced communication with BACnet, MS/TP, and Modbus RTU provide superior application data access for easy troubleshooting, commissioning, and programming
- True flow with accuracy to ±2% (commission with verification)
Pressure Independent Quick Connect Valve (PIQCV) – Compact Performance Solution
The PIQCV is an ultra-compact pressure independent valve which combines a differential pressure regulator with a 2-way control valve to supply a specific flow for each degree of ball opening regardless of system pressure fluctuations. The valve performs the function of a balancing valve and control valve in one unit.
- Smallest pressure independent characterized ball valve in the market
- Actuator runs at 0.3 W saving energy and transformer power
- Flow is adjustable and always perfectly balanced
- Easy installation in tight spaces
Pressure Independent Characterized Control Valves™ (PICCV) – A Single Valve to Maintain Flow
The Pressure Independent Characterized Control Valve (PICCV) combines a differential pressure regulator with a 2-way control valve to supply a specific flow for each degree of ball opening – regardless of system pressure fluctuations. The valve performs the function of a dynamic balancing valve and control valve in one unit. Therefore, the flow characteristic and operation of the valve is not distorted in the system.
- Regulator helps maintain constant differential pressure across ball
- Equal percentage characterizing disc provides excellent control and reliability
- Nickle plated body reduces corrosion and stress concentration.
- Eliminate the need for manual balancing valves, thus reducing the installation and commissioning costs and time
Product Flyers/Case Studies
Multi-Function Technology, only from Belimo, allows you to create custom solutions for individual applications, using the same programmable actuator. You can modify voltage control, time proportional control, floating point, on/off and feedback signals too. In addition, MFT makes it easy to set parameters for running time, mechanical working range, address, status and diagnostics.
PC-Tool is a universal software application for setting, commissioning, monitoring and evaluating communications with Belimo actuators.
Hand Held Programming Devices
The ZTH directly connects to the Belimo Multi-Function Technology (MFT) series actuator offering the ability to quickly change the parameters of the actuator, such as control input, control feedback, runtime, and minimum and maximum values.
Belimo Energy Valve
The Energy Valve is a pressure independent characterized control valve that is multi-tasking at all times to optimize the coil performance. The Energy Valve not only keeps owners and/or operators informed on coil performance, it has the Belimo Delta T Manager built-in, helping operators analyze and fine tune performance under any and all conditions. The valve communicates directly with the Building Automation System (BAS) system so operators can continuously:
Analyze the installed power efficiency of each and every coil.
Document and create history reports on coil performance.
Optimize performance using advanced algorithms.
At the same time, the Energy Valve provides the same reliable, automatic, pressure independent flow control for which Belimo is famous!
Belimo University – Efficiency through Training
Belimo University offers comprehensive training programs that will assist you with understanding HVAC fundamentals and Belimo products; from sizing and selection to mounting and installation. Our training programs are available online or onsite.
Retrofit App – Quickly and Easily Find HVAC Replacement Solutions
The Belimo Retrofit App allows you to quickly and easily find HVAC replacement solutions for valves and actuators. Free download in both Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Store projects
- Email selections
- Access resources
SelectPro – Sizing & Selection Made Simple
SelectPro is a quick and simple tool for accurately sizing and selecting valves, actuators, and replacement solutions. The software walks you through step by step, providing the optimal product solution.
- Intuitive selection layout
- Reference documents
- Quote generator
- Media download
- Contact profiles